Friday, June 15, 2012

Worldbuilding

I didn't get a chance to write yesterday because I was visiting a former student's house. I thought I would only see her and her family, but another 5 of my former students surprised me! It was so nice to see all of them before moving back. Even in a month and a half, everyone grew and matured. I'm going to miss my little ones!

To be honest, I'm wasn't super motivated to write today but I did accomplish my original goal of 15-20 minutes (which I usually surpass). I think it's the rain and gloomy weather that has been filling the sky for the past week. Just makes me wanna curl up on the couch with a book!

Regarding worldbuilding, this is a challenge for me with my current writing endeavor. I posted a question in the community because I'm concerned about accuracy in my setting. I want to be as accurate as possible in my descriptions of this location but I have never visited it in person. I'm trying to look at pictures but I feel as though my descriptions are falling short. I don't feel like I'm capturing the small details. Maybe this is due to my lethargy, but nonetheless, does anyone have a suggestion in how I can be descriptive of a place where I've never been?

No comments:

Post a Comment